Tuesday 26 January 2021

Lost and Found - Pieces written for 'Love Letters to the World'- Creative Writing

 Lost boys, the vibe was curious as the clock struck never on a cold and sleety morning north of Harmony House. A collage of you and me was seeping in on the mist. Had I a spoon I might have stirred up ebullience, but like a wondering dervish I have lost my worldly desires. I craved something heavenly: the swish of a wing through the frosty air or a ray of golden light to guild the day.

I once was lost, but this was something else. I felt adrift, without anchor, a purple bruise of loneliness creeping unseen in the mist along the riverbanks looking for something. For what? They say a small boat may ride a big wave so there was no reason I should allow my current state of mind to engulf me.

I thought of the spectre from my dream, half god, half demon, all power, a climate of forgiving and forgetting his twin wake, his undone shirt buttons leading me to lose times thread. He had gathered the half gathered, me among them, all of us adrift without anchor and charmed us with the possibilities: forgiveness or forgetting. But everyone knows that war is over.

So, here I stand, with my spoon, stirring up hope against the storm. Let it be so, not lost, just stuck on the roof, out of reach for now, but safe. Let it be so.

3 comments:

  1. "The purple bruise of loneliness creeping unseen in the mist" This line creates a great image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete