Thursday 28 January 2016

The Wisdom of Fish

 A pair of fools we were, I a fish in a pond, you a bird in the reeds.
The things in between whispered of love and treachery , desire and indifference.  Love. It was never going to work, me sleeping with the fish and you sleeping with your head under your own wing. 
      Your eye was warped in to kindliness by the surface tension of the pond and beyond your speckled breast I now see evil intention sleeping in your heart. After all that careful attention; a life time of longing. I had spent my time as fry craving your love, wishing to swim in the currents of air between us, but now, finally I have learned to swim away.
      I see the shadow of a skeletal fish in your eye so I swim where it is safer, here among the dense reed stalks, hidden in a weave of shadow. The things in between still whisper, but they whisper harmless gossip, not death and destruction.
      I will wait for a sustainable love, I have a will: lets call it patience. And you have it in spades also. But I will not be the victim of your crime; I am wise to your attention now. 

      But do not fret, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment