Thursday 15 October 2015

A Love Story

          Once, long ago, Land and Sea fell in love. Sea would caress Land day and night shuddering with pleasure and Land would hold Sea tight in her secret places cradling his essence. She would peel glittering gems from her skirts and gift them to Sea until he was rich with her treasures. These gifts were so numerous that Sea could not care for them all, not for all his polishing back and forth and by and by they lost their shine and Sea began to deposit them around the shores of their affection overwhelmed by Lands generosity, and retreat silently back into himself. Daily Land would offer them to him again, a dowry for her love but Sea turned his back asking her to keep them safe for he could not carry them all and did not want them to be harmed in his salt spray tustles with North Wind when they went out to revel together.
        "Wind is my companion, but he a jealous and vengeful soul. He has loved you as long as I, but where I would mould you through time with love, he would shape you to his will with no regard for your desires. I must parry with him to save you from his ravages."
Land sat heavy in contemplation for a while and whispered gently to her lover
        "But how will you go to him my Lord, and how shall I know you will return to me?"
        "Gaze upon your sister, Moon, and know she will pull me to him just as surely as she will always return me to you and I will trace the nakedness of your shores with my loving fingers for all eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment