Sunday 3 May 2015

Green Water

Water greens the moss to life as it escapes the darkness of the cave where it is born of the earths depths, unseen. It bubbles forth from rock where one side is rough like a cats tongue, the other worn away to a polish by centuries of liquid caress.
It rolls and boils smoothing its way over singing stones and gurgling gaps in the river bank winding its way to the magical forest. Droplets of water clinging to moss, lichen, ferns, sparkling like a necklace of precious stones for a nymph to wear. How many hues of green can there be? It seems infinite in all the shading of the seasons. And as the water weaves in around and through her journey, does she remember her roots in the darkness of the earthen cave?
"What are caves" she sings,  gurgling," I follow the contours of light. I have no need of darkness. I have life and a journey ahead of me. I shall be lifted to the heavens in the glow of the sun's rays. Can't you see? I have come from antiquity and will go on to eternity. Come with me, I will carry you"

No comments:

Post a Comment