Friday 3 April 2015

Happiness (1)

Happiness (1)

          On this day of happiness she took a long last look at the golden beach, a prayer of breath and beauty, but she could feel the song in her heart calling her home to the new green of springtime: the equinox beckoned, all spunk and spikyness.
         This trip had been a longed for hope, this time to breathe a different air away from the crinoline creases of a restricted home life. She had explored the crenellations of the old town market, the fort with a bazaar heart, it's sellers prone to fabrication and exaggeration, and been filled with the joy of it.
          Now she must leave the open air fun of it and find equal joy in a more regular pace. Look for the simple pleasures hidden within the kernel of everyday, stirring a bowl of frozen peas.
         As Bella mounted the bus for the airport the sun turned it's cloud cheek to the eclipse and she saw a crazy dog chasing it's tale. This is where I came from she thinks but I am coming through my transformation. I have shed the laces of my corset that held in all manner of harm, poisoning my core and I can return, glowing, peaceful and at one with myself. The yoga and meditation travel with me to my final destination offering a permanent sanctuary and I will become as bendable on the outside as I can be malleable on the inside. I am equal to the task and well equipped.
          Bella took her seat as the bus pulled away from the stop in a cloud of diesel, accelerating impatiently. At the back of the bus a less serene tourist dealt her fretting child a short sharp slap.

No comments:

Post a Comment